Friday, October 14, 2011

Self Assessment Midterm

What did I do?  We were asked to take a self assessed midterm.  It was done using google docs.  It consisted of true/false, fill in the blank, and short answer.  Here is the link to the midterm.  Midterm  It was easy since a lot of it was fresh in my brain.

What did I learn?  I learned that I needed to review TPACK.  I am glad I did because if it were a real interview, I may have bombed.  Once I remember what each letter stood for it was easy to remember all of the main domains which break into the four domains.  I still can't say I love the word "pedagogical" but once I use it on my own, people will think I am super smart.

How can I use it?  I could use a midterm like this as a rubric for writing activities in the class.  I could simply have questions like "how many sentences did I right?"  Did i use interesting words?  Does my story have a clear beginning, middle and end?  Did I check for proof reading mistakes?  What grade would you give your paper?  I would find it interesting to see how my students would rate their own writing compared to others.  I tried to become a follower of everyone in the class and it was a good reference for when I didn't understand something.  It was nice to see others layouts and such and then apply bits and pieces to my own.

How does it relate to the ISTE NETS T Standards?


This is a major digital tool that will send results straight to the instructor to make grading easier.  It also promotes student learning by reviewing skills and asking them personally if they fulfilled all of the asked requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment