Thursday, October 13, 2011

Personality #2

And my results are...


How far off was it?  It seems pretty close to the other.  I went from an ESFP to an ESFJ!  All the same but one letter at the end.  I still think I am more of an ESFP than I am of the ESFJ but this one states I have a "distinctively expressed feeling personality"!  I love to express my feelings...my poor husband.  Ha!  

I could use this information to help understand my strengths and put it towards teaching.  Once again I am very extroverted and love to be the center of attention.  I find teaching to be the best job for that because all eyes are always on you.  I tell people I am not a struggling actress because I get paid to sing and dance everyday in front of a live audience!  It is so true.  I love to act out and dress up in front of the kids.  They may think I am crazy but I know they love it because they always ask for me to do it again.  I tell them I can't do it all the time or else they will get bored of it.  I try to do it 2 time a month!  Keep them guessing.  My main character I play is "Sally Hershberger".  She is a third grader who thinks she is hot stuff and knows everything.  I wear a blond wig with purple glasses and act all smart.  Then little does Sally know...she makes a ton of mistakes.  The kids are then called up to help Sally fix her mistakes and teach her how to correctly do the math.  It is a big deal for a kid to tell you what is wrong and spot the mistakes so I find it fun!  They don't even know they learning!  I love it! 

I have been approached just this year to help teach an inservice on smartboards for my elementary school.  I felt very proud and honored to be asked that.  I am the most tech savvy in the school and I love a crowd so I hope to really make the experience learning, entertaining, and fun for my colleagues.  

With this activity we were asked to take two different types of personality tests.  One was self given and the other one was computer generated.  I felt like I know myself better so my first results seemed to be more me and but it was neat to see that the computer agreed with me to some degree on what I thought I already knew about myself.

I can use these in a school setting to see who I would work best with within the school for a co-teaching experience.  I work in a small district so it is hard and limited on who to co-teach with but it would let the other teacher know my strengths and how we would mix together.


or

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes3.asp

It mostly relates to this ISTE NETS T Standard:


This definitely promotes student learning because then you are more aware of your strengths and weaknesses and where they can best be applied to student learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment