Monday, October 10, 2011

Audacity Podcast Post 1

We were to create our own podcast using either the audacity software of the garageband software that all Mac's come with.  I am a mac user so I used garageband.  Using garageband we were to pick any topic and through sounds, songs, and word create a seamless story.  I chose to do a story of my husband and I's "firsts" seeing that it was my first podcast.  I hope many of you have a sense of humor while listening to it, because I sure do!  After creating the podcast we were to turn it into an MP3, join Podbean, and then post it to our blog for all to enjoy.

Here is my podcast:  http://kathrynpost.podbean.com/mf/web/7c734b/WeddingFirstDance4.m4a

or

Kathryn's Podcast

I luckily found this project to be easy because I have been using garageband since 2006 when I got my first Mac!  I used for fun and created my own songs about friends and family.  You might have heard my awesome (sarcasm) garageband skills being used when I rapped all about Ken Robinson in our Voicethread topic.  It was fun to do even though it may have been not so fun to listen to for others.  I did not learn much from using garageband because I had previously taught myself but I did learn about Podbean.  I was curious about this site and even played around and listened to some of the most popular podcasts on the site.  Not really for me but it was neat to see what other people are up to.



I could use podcasts if I made a listening center in my third grade class and then had the children listen to me explain a story, explain a new topic, give a brief description of an assignment or even used it for my fellow coworkers.

The ISTE NETS T Standard this most applies to is:


I find this to be a learning experience for most and also incorporated digital tools such as garageband, mp3's, converting, and podbean all in one.  It will promote student learning and creativity because it allows the teacher to be creative.  If the teacher is having fun so are the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment