Saturday, August 27, 2011

Snipping Tool

I have been using the snipping tool ever since I got my macbook pro 3 years ago.  Mac's call it "grab capture".  I saw many people on Youtube and on Social Networking sites using this tool and finally just web searched it to figure out.  Little did I know how easy and fun it was.  How you do a screen capture on a mac is by
1.  Go to Finder
2.  Click on Applications
3.  Click on Utilities
4.  Click on Grab and then follow the instructions.

Here is a grab capture of my busy desktop ever since starting this class.

Many windows open at one and sometimes I have even more!  If any of you are using a Mac and need help I hope you read this.  I am all for teaching others also.

I honestly can't say I learned anything from this because I already knew how to do it but it is still fun to show proof of my busy lifestyle nowadays.

I can use this if I were trying to show students how to accomplish a task or to do something online.  I could put it up on a smartboard and keep it up there as a reminder of what to do or where to be.

Here is a link if my description is not easy to follow on how to do a screen capture:  Grab Capture

A snipping tool relates to the ISTE NETS T standards by standard:
customize and personalize learning activities to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.


It correlates because it is proof of using digital tools in order to address diverse learning styles.  For example, it would benefit visual learners and or also auditory learners if you were to be talking through the process of the screen capture.


Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment