Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Diigo Social Bookmarking

I am quite the internet surfer and surprised as an educator of 8 years I had never heard of Diigo.  I like the description of it being a "cloud" format.  Meaning it can float around with you so that you always know where your favorite bookmarks, sites, and information will be even though you may not always be at your home computer!  I can see how it would be a great use for teaching because if you can't access your email or want a quick view of important links towards a lesson you can go to your Diigo count and get all you need to be successful.  I also enjoyed the Diigolet button, which I added to my bookmarks, so that whenever I come across something I like, I just hit the button and it is saved to my Diigo.  I am still unsure of the purpose of groups but I know in time I will get it.

Here is the link to my personal Diigo:

Kathryn Reedy's Diigo

I also added a how to video about Diigo which I found on youtube.

Diigo correlates to the ISTE NETS T Standards by this Standard:

2 B.
develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress.

I chose this standard because that is what Diigo is all about.  Your individual preferences and ideas when it comes to using the world wide web.  Diigo lets each person post, share, and keep there favorite sites and links at hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment