Saturday, August 27, 2011

Self Portrait

Here is my self Portrait done at:  Kathryn's Picasso

I had a lot of fun making the Picasso self portrait.  I can see a set of older students really enjoying this but as for my 3rd graders I can see many of them not understanding the style or even all the different buttons it entails.  I think it would work better for middle school aged students and up.  The only issue I had was when you went to save it, it then deleted your "signature".  I liked seeing my name on the picture but I also didn't feel like trying to recreate it just to take a snipping picture tool of it.  I liked it just the way it was the first try, to sense in trying to recreate art.

The ITSE NETS T standard that goes with the picasso painting website is:

collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation.

I know this may seem far fetched but I see it as a focus on the word "innovation".  Many students are being taken away from Art due to lack of funding but many schools are adding computers.  So be innovating by incorporating art into your everyday teaching with the tools (computers) you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment