Monday, August 22, 2011

Intro and Syllabus

I just finished reading the Intro and Syllabus to the course.  I like the links within it and how they are easily accessible.  I also saved the Post Narrative Rubric to my desktop to help me remind how to get the best grade I can.  The syllabus improved my knowledge of the course and how it will be completed.  I look forward to posting more on here and maybe, in the future,  using it for my own personal classroom use.  I have read many blogs on blogger before but they were all weight loss, cat, or jogging related.  I am glad to be a part of the community.  This could be a great place to post HW for students or even extra credit opportunities to see if the students are checking up on me even when they are at home.  The home to school connection is imperative nowadays.

Here is a link to the rubric...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AmOwxwvbPfe-dFRkLS1YeUlFTVFqWVJpNzJucWduOFE&hl=en&output=html

As for relating this to the ISTE NETS T standards...this is one of the standards this meets.


2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS•S. Teachers:
a.
design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.

Starting a blog and reading the syllabus all while posting it is making us use three different types of digital tools.  A web links, spread sheets, and software.  We are designing our own blog along with incorporating new resources!

Link to ISTE NETS T

http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers/nets-for-teachers-2008.aspx

On to the next one!



No comments:

Post a Comment