Monday, August 22, 2011

Gmail Gmail Gmail!

I am a hotmail girl but it was way to easy to start up a gmail.  It automatically recognized my hotmail account and connected me right to the start up page for blogger.com.  I plugged in all the required information and then I was here typing away.  Gmail is nice for anyone who has never had email before.  It is clean, simple, and a minimalistic design just like google's search engine.  Gmail built on previous knowledge of my other email accounts such as hotmail and outlook.  I can't say I will use my gmail account after this class on a regular basis but I can say if I need a place to have junk sent to, this will be it!  As a 3rd grade teaching it is hard to incorporate email account or having kids sign up for one without a bunch of worry.  With cyber bullying I would feel at fault if I had a student sign up for gmail (who was never bullied) and then became a target to it all because of getting email or being able to chat.  I would feel safer letting the children sign up on a school monitored program or email system where teachers and administrators would have access at all times.

Here is the link to gmail...

www.google.com

Then click on mail!  Easy as that!

Gmail connects to the ISTE NETS T standards through this Standard:


3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. Teachers:
a.demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.

This proves that I am fluent in technology by being able to set up new program, emails, or systems through my previous knowledge of the web based world!

No comments:

Post a Comment