Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sign Up for A Youtube Account

What did I do?
We were asked to sign up for a youtube account.  I used my account that I have had for over 8 years.  I picked a name that had to do with my mentality in college (college humor) so I would rather not post my youtube account name for fear it could offend someone.  You just go to youtube at Youtube, go to the top right and sign up for account.

What did I learn?
I learned that you should really think about your account name.  Because what was funny for a minute in college really isn't funny in the real world.  I wish I could go back and change it.  The problem, youtube knows you as other emails, especially if you use your google account.  It makes it much easier.  It also remembers your info from Facebook which makes it really hard to try and create/change your user name.  Oh well!

How can I use it?
I am not allowed to use Youtube in school.  Too bad, it really does have a lot of great informational and educational videos that could be used for school.  They are for sure better than the videos on teachertube.  You could use it to show videos, make educational videos, or have the kids get excited and make a video about a topic you are teaching.

ISTE NETS T Standard:
collaborate with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation.


This standard works because Youtube could be a great tool to integrate parents and community into what is happening within your classroom.  With an emphasis on success and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment